Sunday, March 17, 2013

Lucky or Blessed?

Let's Get Social Sunday  
  
It's been a rough couple of weeks (husband away helping his mother after her husband had an operation, our Mamaw passed, I got a cough that would not (and hasn't yet) gone away.  Sounds like I need to remember my blessings.  So here goes:

1.  My faith in God.

2.  My family.

3.  My education.

4.  The roof over my family's heads.

5.  A working vehicle.

6.  Living in a small town in Kentucky.

7.  The wonders of nature.

8.  The beauty of art.

9.  The pleasure of a good story.

10.  My continuing ability to learn.

11.  Hugs.

12.  Blog interaction.

13.  Good food prepared with love.
14.  My marriage.

15.  Good music.

16.  Prayer.

17.  That I have an endless supply of blessings.

This list is by no means exhaustive.  I will probably blog more in the future.  I may well elaborate on the blessings listed here in forthcoming posts.  

I call them blessings to acknowledge God as the source of all good in my life.  But to give the day a nod, I used 17 and colored the text green for St. Patrick!

So am I lucky .... or blessed?  I'm both!

I'd love to see a blessing you are lucky to have in your life in the comments!  Happy St. Patrick's Day!


10 comments:

  1. Visiting today from Charlotte's party...so nice to meet you. My blessing is that my second daughter was born this day, 35 years ago. I hope you'll stop by Gail-Friends for a visit soon.

    Blessings,

    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful list of blessings. I am glad to meet you through Spiritual Sundays. I love your choice Galilee and the Sermon on the Mount as a place to go!
    Happy St Patrick's Day

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound pretty blessed to me :) Hard work churns out wonderful results <3 Kelly @ HappyWifey.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you've had some rough days. I agree that we need to remember our blessings. I try to enjoy every moment I am given. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Better days ahead:)

    You are blessed and I like your positive attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so blessed. Hope you start to feel better. Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so blessed. Hope you start to feel better. Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great list and attitude. Hugs LuAnn. Hope today is an amazing one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this list, we could watch movies together :) - except for Stargate, I am not that into Sci Fi with the exception of Alex's books :)
    Rhonda
    Laugh-Quotes.com

    ReplyDelete